International Master`s of Engineering in Environmental Engineering
The Dresden University of Applied Sciences is an attractive place to study "German Engineering" with no formal tuition fees.
All modules of the Master's Programme "Environmental Engineering" are offered in English and designed for international students seeking careers in the globally integrated society of the future.
The broad study profile of this programme provides you with advanced knowledge in several fields of environmental engineering and their latest technological developments. Your courses will include topics from six different engineering faculties (Civil Engineering, Geoinformation, Mechanical Engineering, Agriculture/Environment/Chemistry, Electrical Engineering, Informatics/Mathematics), as well as the faculty of Business Administration.
Main focuses in engineering:
- Water - Engineering
- Soil - Enginnering
- Resources - Engineering
Additional engineering fields:
- Information Systems
- Sustainable Industry, Energy and Transportation
- Business and Communication
- Gain expertise in several topics of environmental engineering and new technological developments
- Strong emphasis on engineering with aspects of applied natural sciences and information systems
- Address real-world issues in an interdisciplinary context and all courses are offered in English
- Effective learning with small course group (max 20), good balance between practical and theoretical "German Engineering" coursework
You should have a Bachelor or Diploma degree in Engineering, Natural or Environmental Sciences with 180 ECTS credits (European Credit Transfer System). For applicants from other institutions not familiar with the ECTS, uni-assist e.V. will convert your existing credits or grades. For applicants whose first language is not English, an English test certificate is required. You should have a minimum of 550 points in the TOEFL, 6.5 in the IELTS, or a B in the Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English or Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English.
Qualification and certification
It is a Master's programme over four semesters, but it is also possible to choose only one of the four semesters if you want to enrol as an exchange student. You must attend every compulsory subject and in every semester you have a variety of different elective subjects (ES*) to choose from. In the 1st semester you must choose two ES* and in the 3rd semester three ES*. You can receive up to 30 ECTS credits per semester of coursework. Additionally you have the possibility to attend German language courses of different levels (Interdisciplinary Elective Course**). The Master's programme concludes with the Master's thesis (30 ECTS) after all subjects have been successfully completed and the required 120 credits have been obtained.
You should have completed at least four semesters (120 ECTS Credits) in any subject of Engineering or Environmental Sciences.
Qualification and certification
If you attend every engineering module including exams, you can receive up to 30 ECTS credits plus 4 or more credits from language courses per semester of coursework.
Application via International Office
Living costs and accomodation
- No tuition fees
- Required semester pass for public transportation and student services: approx. 250 € per semester
- Living costs depend upon particular rental costs and your individual lifestyle. Overall, you should expect monthly costs of approx. 600 €.
- It is quite easy to find accommodation in Dresden. Accommodation is available either via the Studentenwerk Dresden or on the private market. Rent for a single room in a student residence is approx. 250 € per month.