Current call for tenders 2018
The application deadline for the PROMOS scholarship in the calendar year 2018 ends 31 January 2018 (postmark).
All applications should be submitted to the International Office. If you meet the formal and content-based requirements, you will be entered into the central selection procedure. Incomplete applications will not be considered in the procedure.
The HTW Dresden supports the realisation of the DAAD programme PROMOS
- Study abroad (1 to 6 months / monthly partial scholarship rate),
- Internships (6 weeks to 6 months / travel allowance),
- Study and group tours under the direction of a university lecturer abroad (flat rate)
- Theses (University / monthly partial scholarship rate or company / travel allowance)
- Language courses and specialised courses (one-time fee of 500 Euro)
The selection and succession of scholarship holders (including reserve candidates) are determined by the PROMOS selection committee of the HTW Dresden according to the award and selection criteria of the PROMOS programme. Reserve candidates may receive a follow-up notification reporting their being awarded a scholarship at a later date.
Priorities / succession are defined in view of the foreign project, regions / countries / universities, study programmes, study progress and multiple funding.
- Theses, study visits, and internships take precedence over language courses and specialised courses (usually short-term projects)
- Partner universities have priority
- Stays in CEE countries take precedence over other countries
- Engineering study programmes take precedence over business administration study programmes.
- Students of international degree programmes (IB, IMES) have highest priority over other study programmes, as they are required to complete their compulsory semester abroad
- Students who have already been funded by the HTW Dresden in another programme will receive lower priority.
1. Each faculty determines an order for the applicants of the own faculty. A points system is used for better comparability of students from different faculties.
2. The selection committee determines a cross-faculty order
The selection process is based on the subject-specific, language and personal requirements of the students listed on their application documents.
The decision is based in part on:
- Subject-specific achievements
- Language skills
- Study plans
- Extracurricular activities **)
**) Extracurricular activities:
Examples: committee work, StuRa, faculty council, faranto eV, IAESTE - local committee, AIESEC -local committee, engagement in the support of international exchange students of the HTW Dresden
- Application for PROMOS
- Proof of examination results (e.g., Transcript of Records)
- Proof of language skills
- Study project / motivation letter
- Learning Agreement (if available)
- Confirmation of the university (if available)
- Internship agreement (if available)
- Confirmation of the company (if available)
We recommend that you always open / edit PDF forms with the Adobe Acrobat Reader and not in the browser.