1. Hauptnavigation
  2. Navigation des Hauptbereiches
  3. Inhalt der Seite



Erasmus+ promotes cooperation between universities in Europe, such as through student exchanges.

  • Student mobility for learning purposes (study abroad)
  • Student mobility for internships (internship abroad)

Please note that the application and the procedure for carrying out studies abroad via the HTW Dresden and internships abroad are made via the LEONARDO Office. 

Erasmus+ funding

Student mobility (SM) within Erasmus + can be supported by mobility grants. The monthly grant amount depends on the amount of Erasmus+ funds available to the HTW Dresden in the respective academic year.

The funding agreement sets the exact amount of funding per day. The grant amount varies by country and is based on the different living costs.

Funding rates for study abroad (SMS)
Funding rates for an internship abroad (SMP)

There is no legal entitlement to funding under the Erasmus programme and therefore can not be claimed against the university.

Erasmus+ and Bafög

BAföG-eligible students can take advantage of BAföG for their Erasmus+ stay abroad. BAföG beneficiaries receive the same Erasmus+ grant as other students. Since 2011, the BAföG regulation stipulates that (EU) subsidies remain free of charge up to a maximum of 300, - EUR / month. Grants of more than 300, - EUR / month will count towards benefits from the BAföG.

Support for students with disabilities

Students with disabilities may request, a subsidy be paid in excess of the EU maximum rate. Please inform yourself at the International Office. 

Students with child

Students who take their child / children to an Erasmus+ partner university for an Erasmus+ study visit and are single parents during the Erasmus+ Mobility can receive special funds. Regardless of the number of children, in addition to the stipulated monthly "regular" Erasmus+ funding per group of countries, an additional monthly allowance of 200 euros per month can be granted as a lump sum for the duration of the stay. In order to receive the grant for children, students apply at the HTW before starting their stay. The completed and signed by the student application form remains at the HTW. The additional support is provided as a grant, therefore, besides proof that the child / children are taken abroad (e.g., travel documents or on-the-spot checks), no evidence of additional costs must be provided. Further information is also available at eu.daad.de.

Last changed: 24.01.2019  |  Author: International Office of the HTW Dresden - University of Applied Sciences