The HTW Dresden - University of Applied Sciences believes in internationalisation as a possibility to achieve more in terms of teaching, research and knowledge transfer through exchange. Although we are fundamentally a German university, internationally we aim to be sensitive and relevant to local circumstances and to implement global processes in our region. Our internationalisation strategy is based on three fields of action:
- International cooperation
- Education and research
- Marketing and communication
Our purpose is to
- Raise the international impact of regional institution-industry partnerships and increase partnerships overseas
- Enable strategies with our strategic partnerships
- Support and expand international student and staff mobility
- Internationalise the access to study and research
- Increase the research-focused international engagement
- Improve the quality of international higher education
- Develop a profile determined international brand
The Internationalisation Strategy of the University of Applied Sciences Dresden is embedded in and driven by administrative and academic processes.
German is the main language of teaching and communicating at the University of Applied Sciences Dresden. Knowledge of German is still indispensable for the acquisition of intercultural competence, for integration and everyday life in Germany and for the job market. That’s why we recommend our international students to benefit from the free German courses at the HTW.
English is the main vehicle language for international exchange and communication with partnerships. We want to improve materials and schedules in English and to increase the number of international study programmes in order to simplify the access to international study and research.
Other languages are relevant for the communication with international selected partners and for special study programmes.
Information about our language courses can you find here.