We warmly welcome international prospective students with a refugee background at the HTW Dresden! The following pages provide information on special services and programmes for this target group. Please find our current study programmes for all prospective students here.
International prospective students with a refugee background as well as their assistants can request individual couneling sessions focussing on the following issues:
- Study programmes at the HTW Dresden
- Application and admission requirements
- Viewing of university entrance certificates obtained abroad (no official review provided!)
- German language programmes
- Financial and scholarship information
- Guest auditor application
- Networking to external services for refugees
If you wish to set up an individual counseling session please contact Mrs. Shalene Schmidt (please see her contact details in the menu on the right) or visit her during her regular office hours.
Proof of counselling for a free application (uni-Assist e.V.)
Starting on 1st December 2017, the HTW Dresden issues a proof of counseling for prospective students with a refugee background in order to provide a free application via uni-Assist e.V. Please meet the following requirements to receive a proof of counselling:
- plausbible study prospect at the HTW Dresden
- chosen study programme and knowledge of the respective content
- formal requirements (certified university entrance, German B2-level*)
- attendance at one counselling session (minimun)
A proof of counselling is only issued for prospective students of the HTW Dresden!
* Please note that in order to apply via uni-Assist e.V. a proof of German B2-level is required. In order to receive an admission to study at the HTW Dresden, a proof of German C1-level is strictly required! >> Language requirements for studying at the HTW Dresden
Those seeking or entitled to asylum can participate in up to six selected modules of the 1st semester per study programme free of charge. Please first submit a completed application (pdf) upon presentation of your residence permit to the Student Secretariat (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Application deadlines for guest auditions:
- for the winter semester: 30.09. of the same year
- for the summer semester: 15.03. of the same year
The semester fee for a guest audition is 30 euros.
Please find all available modules of the 1st semester of your chosen study programme at https://apps.htw-dresden.de/en/modulux-moduldatenbank/frontend/study-program/?no_cache=1.
Once your audition application has been confirmed you will receive an auditor’s certificate when your application is approved. Please keep this on you at all times while at the HTW Dresden.
Please contact Mrs. Shalene Schmidt (see contact details on the left menu bar) if you have any questions concerning your guest audition at the HTW Dresden.
Study Preparation Programmes
The HTW Dresden offers all prospective students study preparation programmes that are mostly free of charge. These include Mathematics-Intensive Courses, Mathematics-Bridging Courses (OMB+), didactical-education workshops ("Studieren leicht gemacht") and the online plattform UP2study. Further information about these programmes and their contact person is available at https://www.htw-dresden.de/en/studying/prospective-students/preparing-for-your-studies.html.