Ex-matriculation signals the end of a person’s studies:
- at the request of the student,
- after the successful completion of studies*,
- after a final fail,
- in case of an absent or incomplete re-registration,
- at the end of the study period (standard period of study + extension, which the Saxon Higher Education Act permits to a maximum) or
- in case of the non-fulfilment of other matriculation requirements (health insurance membership, etc.).
* This date must be entered on a form (de-registeration / declaration of discharge). The date of ex-matriculation can be:
- the day of a student’s defence during the final examination at the HTW Dresden,
- the end of the semester in which the examination took place,
- or the day on which the certificate is issued (or dispatched by mail) - this day falls in the following semester, re-registration is excluded.
Application for ex-matriculation