On the 17th of July 2014 the University of Applied Sciences Dresden was awarded the certificate “audit familiengerechte hochschule” (family-friendly university) by the berufundfamilie gGmbH in Berlin.
This obligates the university to create a family-friendly study and work environment and to support all members of the university in reconciling studying/professional life and family. The HTW Dresden considers family where a person takes responsibility for partners, children or relatives in matters pertaining to upbringing, supervision and care.
The following actions will be introduced and advanced in the next three years:
- Stabilisation and advancement of all offers to increase flexibility of working hours and study time and of information and consultation
- Advancement of the E-Campus
- Continued networking and increased visibility of the topic inside the university
- Further development of the offers pertaining caring for relatives
- Further development of family-friendly Infrastructure