On the 17th of July 2014 the University of Applied Sciences Dresden was awarded the certificate “audit familiengerechte hochschule” (family-friendly university) by the berufundfamilie gGmbH in Berlin.
This obligates the university to create a family-friendly study and work environment and to support all members of the university in reconciling studying/professional life and family. The HTW Dresden considers family where a person takes responsibility for partners, children or relatives in matters pertaining to upbringing, supervision and care.
Infoveranstaltungen für Studierende mit Kind(ern) und unsere Kinderweihnachtsfeier sind Veranstaltungen, die wir jährlich in der HTW organisieren. Darüber hinaus bieten andere Einrichtungen spezielle Angebote für das Thema Studium/Beruf und Familie.
The following actions will be introduced and advanced in the next three years:
- Stabilisation and advancement of all offers to increase flexibility of working hours and study time and of information and consultation
- Advancement of the E-Campus
- Continued networking and increased visibility of the topic inside the university
- Further development of the offers pertaining caring for relatives
- Further development of family-friendly Infrastructure