Correspondence course in Electrical Engineering / Communication Technology
Fields of application and job features
The exchange of information is an objective necessity in all areas of life in the world of today and tomorrow. Information gathering, information transmission and information processing are important components of these processes, which can also be automated at the interfaces between technical systems.
Electrical Engineering or Communication Technology, which provides the technical basis for all areas of this complex system, has already seen a breathtaking development in recent years. This trend is set to continue.
For this reason, the study programme of Electrical Engineering / Communication Technology offers training that is both future-oriented while offering good career opportunities.
The transfer of knowledge is system-oriented and geared to the requirements of future job descriptions through the inclusion of constructive and business disciplines. It is based on the close link between hardware and software and teaches students how to use the tools for modelling and simulation. In addition to solid specialist knowledge, students above all acquire methodology and system competence.
Training in the major fields of Communications Technology and Signal Processing after the foundation study period (which in each case lasts for two semester) has a particular focus on the areas of
- Digital Information Processing and Transmission
- Audio and Video Technology
- Optical Communications Technology / Multimedia Technology
- Mobile Communication Systems
- Information Transfer Management
which will determine the development of the respective disciplines in years to come.
In addition, "Electrical Engineering" and "Automation Technology" are offered as specialisation subjects in the study programmes.
Graduates of the study programme will be qualified to work in the design, development, and manufacturing of both individual components and complex communication equipment, and to operate such systems, including the relevant service and customer consultation processes. Thus, the study programme offers above-average career opportunities in many fields of activity, such as
- the development of communication systems for telecommunication and data communication
- the development and integration of communication functions in all technical areas (for example in the automotive industry, in entertainment and for medical technology)
- the planning, construction and quality monitoring of communication networks
- activities in the field of television and radio technology
- product and project management as well as technical sales
- manufacturing and testing technology
and in many other areas.
The distance learning study programme is concluded after a regular five-year study period with a successfully completed main exam and Diploma thesis, culminating in the awarding of the academic degree
Graduate Engineer (Diploma, FH)