The winter semester 2020/21 at the HTW Dresden will take place as a hybrid semester, i.e. virtual events such as online lectures will be linked to teaching units in presence. Courses will start on October 12, 2020 and end on January 30, 2021.
- Do not enter the buildings of the HTW Dresden unless an event or appointment is scheduled for you.
- From 01.10.2020 the access regulations according to the house rules of the HTW Dresden apply again.
- Keep the necessary minimum distance of at least 1.5 meters to other persons outside and inside the buildings. Do not form groups of people.
- Put on mouth-and-nose protection at the latest when entering buildings.
- Please use staircases only in the direction indicated.
- If there is not enough time between a virtual course and a classroom-based course to leave or attend the university, you can use free classrooms in the Z and S buildings to take part in virtual courses. The principles of hygiene, especially the seating restrictions in the rooms, must be observed.
- If you belong to a risk group, please inform your teachers and discuss the further procedure with them.
- Please stay away from the university at all costs if you notice any cold symptoms. The rules for quarantine and reporting to the university in case of COVID-19 infection still apply.
We will keep you informed about further developments via the website of the HTW Dresden and via e-mail. Please make sure that you can be reached by mail.
- As soon as the infection becomes known, immediately report (name, first name, maternity no., vsl. end of quarantine) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Send the list of contact persons at the HTW Dresden of the last three days to studsek(at)htw-dresden.de.
- Follow the instructions of the public health department (quarantine).
- Participation in classroom sessions is only possible again after the end of the officially ordered quarantine period.
- Report the end of the quarantine to studsek(at)htw-dresden.de
- Examination period summer semester 2020: The examinations for the summer semester 2020 will take place in two examination periods from 06.07. to 25.07. 2020 and from 14.09. to 02.10.2020. The registration for a module examination which is taken in the free attempt must be submitted to the examination office at least two weeks before the examination date.
- Examination results of the summer semester 2020: Examinations taken and not passed in the summer semester 2020 are considered not to have been taken. If the examination is passed, the student can declare the rejection of the examination result in writing to the examination office by 30.11.2020. In this case, the examination has to be taken again in the same examination attempt, whereby the later examination result counts. Students, who fail an examination or reject the examination result will be registered by the Examinations Office for the next examination date.These regulations apply to all examinations assigned to the summer semester 2020, regardless of the (re)attempt in which they take place. In fact, it is not necessary to deregister from the exams, since failed performances, including grade 5 due to non-appearance (5ue), are considered as not passed. However, in consideration of the organisation of examinations, students are requested to continue to submit the deregistration form to the Examinations Office if they do not wish to take part in an examination. In addition to written examinations, this applies in particular to oral examinations, for which individual dates are allocated.
Deadlines: The summer semester 2020 is not taken into account when calculating the deadlines for examinations within the meaning of § 35 paragraph 4 SächsHSFG. Above all, this means that current deadlines for repeat examinations are extended by six months. For examinations that are not passed in the first attempt in the summer semester 2020, no retake period begins. In addition, the summer semester 2020 is not included in the calculation of deadlines under § 18, paragraph 2, no. 7 SächsHSFG ("four semesters without proof of performance"). If you have any further questions regarding examination-relevant deadlines, please contact the Examination Office.
Oral examinations and APL in oral form can be held by arrangement with the examiner without being present at the university using a video conference system. The examiner will inform the students in good time about this possibility. Participation in such oral video-based examination procedures is voluntary. If the student does not declare his or her consent to this until one week before the examination date to the examiner, the examination will take place in the usual form at the university. Further details will be communicated by the examiner.
Internships: In coordination with the person responsible for the internship, changing internship positions and interruptions are possible, as long as a consistent treatment of topics is ensured. With the agreement of and in coordination with the company, the internship can also be carried out in a home office.
If the fulfilment of the admission requirements for an internship or an exchange semester is impaired due to corona-related peculiarities in the examination process, please contact your examination board. The board of examiners can reduce the admission requirements accordingly.
Final thesis or term papers
Beginning: If you are unable to complete your credits for the issue of the thesis due to examinations that are currently not taking place, please contact your examination board. The board will decide whether you can exceptionally be admitted to the final thesis early.
- Consultations should primarily take place in virtual form
- Interruption of processing: If it is currently not possible to process papers that have already been issued, the board of examiners may grant an extension of the time limit upon reasoned request.
- Submission: If possible, submit your paper preferably by post or via the in-house mailbox. You will receive a confirmation of receipt from your faculty via e-mail. For the time being, it is sufficient to submit your work electronically within the deadline. Please coordinate this with your examiner. If this is not feasible due to the nature of the work (models etc.), you will exceptionally be given the opportunity to submit your work in person after consulting the faculty.
The consultation hours are basically only by telephone. Please communicate via e-mail and telephone. Please inquire in advance whether a personal appearance is possible in individual cases and depending on your request. Especially applies:
- For the time being, we accept a simple copy of proof by e-mail or post.
- Please send applications and forms with your signature by post or drop them in our mailbox. You will receive a confirmation of receipt by e-mail (Exception: examination cancellations and free trial applications, as these can be viewed on the QIS portal).
To activate your semester ticket on your student card, you can print it at the self-service terminal (Z-Building).
Proof of the first professionally qualifying university degree
If you have been admitted to a Masters degree programme at the HTW Dresden from the winter semester 2020 onwards, you must provide proof of your first professionally qualifying university degree to the Student Service by 31.10.2020. If it is not possible for you to meet this deadline, you can apply for an extension of one month according to § 4 Abs. 3b S. 3 and 4 ImmaO, for good reason. One reason is, for example, that you have not yet been able to complete your final examination due to current restrictions in the university sector.
You are welcome to send the application for an extension of the deadline informally via e-mail to the Student Service. As proof of your first professionally qualifying university degree, an informal confirmation from your examination office that you have passed the final examination is sufficient. Please submit a simple copy of the certificate and report to the Student Service by the end of the WS 2020/21. If an extension of the deadline until 30.11.2020 is also not sufficient, please contact the Student Service again in time.
If you are requested by another body to provide proof of the restriction in the university's operation, you can request such a confirmation by e-mail from the Student Service.
The library offers a limited on-site service from Monday to Friday from 10:00 to 14:00. The branch library in Pillnitz will remain closed, but borrowing from the local stock is possible. For further information please click here.
You have the possibility to generate a print job directly from OPAL. The button for the OPAL print service can be found in the OPAL courses for all teaching resources which are available in PDF format. In the column "Actions" you will see the print symbol on the far right.
All print jobs you give until midnight will be collected and printed in A4 format - converted to grayscale, double-sided, double punched on the long side left. Your order will be ready for collection on the next working day from 10:00 a.m. at the Copyshop UNIdruckerei, Reichenbachstraße 19, 01069 Dresden (next to the canteen). Please have your student ID (chip card) with your library number (s-number) ready for collection.
The costs amount to 5 ct per printed page. Your print file(s) and your library number will be given to UNIdruckerei exclusively for the purpose of printing. By initiating a print order (button: "Send print order") you give your express consent to the assumption of costs and data protection.
If you have any questions regarding the "OPAL print order" please contact support-ecampus(at)htw-dresden.de.