General Student Advisory Service
Study with success – we offer help and provide information on these and further topics
The General Student Advisory Service informs and advises students on all questions related to their studies. We support you in finding your way around and deciding on the most suitable course of study and offer you the ability for self-help. All our counselling sessions are confidential and anonymous upon request.
► If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us. We will forward you to our colleagues in the International Office. You are also welcome to contact the responsible persons directly. Contact below.
Before your studies – prospective students
- Application and Organisation
- Arrival and Departure
- Erasmus+ Learning Agreement
- Choosing the right programme of study
- FAQ on application, admission and matriculation
- Get your studies started - with our checklist
- Steps to studying at HTW
- Study interests test (german language)
- Study residence and finance
- Welcome in Germany and study at HTW
During your studies – students
- Studies with disabilities
- Studies with family
- We offer help with questions such as:
- Am I studying that what I imagined?
- How do I deal with difficulties in my studies?
- Am I able to manage my sport, my friends or family and my exams?
- How do I get a Germany scholarship (Deutschland Stipendium)?
- Module database: Details on my study programme
- HTW job market for part-time jobs, internships, thesis work and career entry
After your studies
- Career planning: Info, coaching and mediation in applying for jobs
- Gründerschmiede incubator
- Master’s degree
- Doctoral programme
- HTW job market
- Alumni - “Stay connected to us”
Cooperation and further information
- Studying in Saxony
- University compass all state universities at a glance
- Student Union Dresden – Psycho-social advice centre, legal advice, social advice
Haven’t found the right study programme?