Semester abroad and Corona?!
What do we advise?
- Basically: Health is the most important thing!
- inform about the current situation in the host country (German Foreign Office, Re-open EU, Travel Restrictions, RKI, Covid-19 Dashboard, website of the host university, ...)
- when travelling to risk areas, registration in the crisis prevention list "Elephant" of the German Foreign Office
- use the app „Sicher Reisen“ of the Federal Foreign Office
- Medical advice and testing of sufficient vaccination protection (Health Office/Tropical Institute)
- conclusion of an international health insurance, liability and accident insurance as well as repatriation insurance (NO insurance cover via HTW Dresden abroad!)
- adhere to the hygiene regulations of the host country and follow the rules
- if necessary, virtual start of a mobility and later physical continuation
- possible postponement of the stay abroad
- wait as long as possible until you book travel tickets, rent an apartment in the host country or similar (conclusion of travel cancellation insurance)
- Stay abroad is at your own responsibility!