We are a public, scientific library and offer you a wide range of print and electronic media in a pleasant atmosphere. The use is free of charge.
Information on corona virus
Dear users of our library,
due to the current threat of the corona virus, we are unfortunately forced to close the public library. As of Monday, 16.03.2020, the Central Library and the branch library in Dresden Pillnitz will remain closed until further notice. (Status: 15.03.2020).
A large part of the resources we offer through our catalogue can be used online. Please use the possibilities of location-independent access via VPN and Shibboleth. Information on the handling of the virus at the university in general can be found on the web pages of the HTW.
Please take into account the following restrictions:
- At present, physical media cannot be ordered, reserved, borrowed or returned
- All borrowed media are extended by us until further notice. Please do not send any media back to us by post.
- No overdraft fees will be charged for the duration of the closing time.
- Acquisition proposals for physical books can currently not be processed or only to a limited extent. Should there be available e-books, they will be purchased and made available via the catalogue.
- Existing requests for borrowed media will be retained. Taken book requests will be ready for you two weeks after resumption of operations.
- New book requests are not possible during the closing time.
- Our interlibrary loan service will be discontinued.
- All public events, training courses, workshops, guided tours and consultation appointments during closing hours will be cancelled.
- If you have any questions regarding de-registration, re-registration or signatures on the routing slip, please contact ausleihe(at)htw-dresden.de.
If you have any questions regarding use, research and inventory or other problems and concerns, please feel free to contact us by e-mail:
Changed Opening hours from 18.01.20 to 15.02.20: Saturday 10 am to 6 pm