Information on corona virus
Dear users of our library,
we are very pleased to welcome you again personally from 04th of May 2020 onwards.
Due to the still existing danger of the corona virus, a normal library operation is not possible for the time being. However, during our opening hours from Monday to Friday from 10:00 - 14:00 hrs, we will offer limited on-site service in the Central Library in a first phase. The branch library in Pillnitz will remain closed, but borrowing from the stock there is possible.
On-site services of the Central Library:
- Collection of print media ordered in advance by telephone (0351 462 3696) or by e-mail (bibliothek(at)htw-dresden.de),
- Sign out,
- Cashless payment of fees in case of de-registration
Services of the branch library:
- Staff members of the LfULG library take orders for books from both collections, book the media and hand them out by arrangement (phone 0351 2612-1520 or e-mail: bibliothekpillnitz-lfulg(at)smul.sachsen.de) in compliance with the rules of hygiene (see below),
- It is also possible to pick up and bring books to the central or branch library by transport (Tue/Thu) by prior arrangement (bibliothek(at)htw-dresden.de)
Please observe the following hygiene rules when visiting the Central Library and the branch library:
- Entering the library only with mouth-and-nose protection,
- Stay in the Central Library by a maximum of 3 persons at the same time in the marked foyer area,
- Observe the distance regulations (1.5 - 2.0 m distance from each other).
A large part of the resources we offer through our catalogue can be used online. Please use the possibilities of location independent access via VPN and Shibboleth.
Further information about our library services:
- For returns please use our return machine outside the university library until further notice.
- All borrowed media will be renewed by us until further notice. Please refrain from returning media by mail.
- For the duration of the shortened opening hours no new reminder and overdraft fees will be charged or cancelled.
- Acquisition proposals for physical books can be processed again. Please contact erwerbung(at)htw-dresden.de
- Existing reservations are available until at least 18th of May 2020.
- Our interlibrary loan service is available again.
- Unfortunately, all public events and guided tours have to be cancelled until further notice. As a replacement, we will be offering regular webinars on research, Citavi and databases from May onwards. Further information can be found on our website and in the event catalogue. If you have any questions or requests, please contact informationsvermittlung(at)htw-dresden.de
If you have any questions regarding use, research and inventory or other problems and concerns, please feel free to contact us by telephone (0351 462 3696) or by e-mail:
- Borrowing questions: ausleihe(at)htw-dresden.de
- Information literacy: informationsvermittlung(at)htw-dresden.de
- General information: bibliothek(at)htw-dresden.de
- Library management: petra-sibylle.stenzel(at)htw-dresden.de
Information on how to deal with the virus at the university in general as well as current information can be found on the HTW web pages.