Advantages of studying
Our offer for students is characterized by the following arguments:
- Uniform basic studies for all fields of study
- Synergy effects between the fields of study even in higher semesters
- A clearly structured, intensive course ensures that it can be studied and leads to graduation in a time-effective manner
- Advice during your studies to support personal study organization and profile determination
- Modern equipment of the university, especially the laboratories, classrooms and our scientific library
- Ideal, industry-oriented combination of academic training and practical relevance in the teaching modules with lectures, exercises and internships as well as study sections in industry
- A practical semester offers special opportunities for profiling while working in an industrial company or in a research institution in Germany or abroad
- The high academic qualification enables further development with a master's degree (also at the HTW Dresden) or a doctorate
In the evaluation of our concept by leading personnel managers of industrial companies in the Germany-wide university ranking of the "Wirtschaftswoche", our faculty and the HTW Dresden each received places in the top ten.
The place of study Dresden offers perfect framework conditions with extensive infrastructure, a very well equipped student union with student halls and canteens in the immediate vicinity of the university, as well as numerous regional companies and research institutions cooperating with the HTW Dresden.
To compensate, Dresden and the surrounding area offer countless leisure activities. Whether art, culture, sports or fun in the city and the surrounding areas, there is something for everyone.
We would be happy to advise you on your study interests and would be happy to welcome you as a student.
Practical semester / Internship
Many HTW students come from the greater Dresden area and would like to work in the region. This is also shown by the evaluation of a total of 285 company locations at which students of the electrical engineering faculty completed their practical study semester in the years 2010 to 2013.
Over 81% of the students chose a Saxon company location, 60% alone in the Dresden city area, and many more in the vicinity. This high proportion also shows the large number of interesting companies in the Dresden area in which electrical engineering engineers are sought. Starting from innovative small businesses to large international corporations, HTW is right in the middle of it and supports the students in choosing the internship company.
By the way, every 16th student has completed his practical semester abroad. Those who would like to gain international experience during their studies are welcome to do so and will be actively supported by the university.
Theses and career entry
In the final theses of the HTW students, an industrial task is worked on in many cases. Research-oriented topics offered within the faculty are also very interesting.
With this experience and keen senses for your own interests, nothing stands in the way of a successful start to your career.
As a recent VDE study shows, there is still an acute shortage of electrical engineers that will not subside in the next few years.
The VDI gives specific figures: On a long-term average, 14,000 new electrical engineers would be needed every year, compared to only about 10,000 university graduates.
Good prospects for studying electrical engineering at the HTW!
In addition to the interesting areas of activity, the financial perspectives in later professional life are also important.
Interestingly, the top 5 engineering salaries compiled by Spiegel online include 4 typical tasks for electrical engineers.