Information Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)
+++ 22.03.2020 From 0 o'clock onwards exit restrictions in Saxony will apply. The Rector informed the employees by e-mail about further measures taken by the university. A translation of the announcement of the Free State of Saxony can be found here.
+++ 17.03.2020 The university is on standby until the next three weeks.
The start of the attendance lectures is postponed to 04.05.2020. Until then, no consultations, individual examinations, defences or similar can take place.
+++ 16.03.2020 The library will be closed from now on. For further information please click here.
+++ 13.03.2020 Upcoming events such as the Open Day and Girls'Day have to be cancelled.
+++ 12.03.2020 Beginning of the attendance lectures for the SoSe 2020 postponed.
Further information can be found further down on this page.
Conduct in case of suspicion
Employees and students who come (back) from risk areas (https://www.rki.de/DE/Content/InfAZ/N/Neuartiges_Coronavirus/Risikogebiete.html), show symptoms or have had contact with infected persons should contact the public health department or first seek advice from a doctor by telephone. Please refrain from contact with other persons for as long as this is necessary! You will find detailed information on the website of the Dresden Health Office: https://www.dresden.de/de/leben/gesundheit/hygiene/infektionsschutz/corona.php.
After registering with the public health department, please inform the International Office from HTW Dresden immediately (auslandsamt(at)htw-dresden.de).
Information for students
The start of the attendance lectures has been postponed, currently to 4.5.2020 . There will be no classroom teaching until 3.5.2020. The courses are to be designed by self-study, distance learning, virtual teaching. During this period there will also be no consultations, individual examinations, defences of final thesis or the like. Please clarify details with your lecturer by e-mail.
The time of postponement of the start of the attendance lectures does not count as lecture-free time.
Information on the effects of pandemic-related university closures on BAföG can be found on the website of the Studentenwerk Dresden.
We will keep you informed about further developments via the website of the HTW Dresden and by e-mail. Please make sure that you can be reached by mail. Our main concern and goal is that you should not suffer any disadvantages in your studies as a result of the current situation.
You have the possibility to generate a print job directly from OPAL. The button for the OPAL print service can be found in the OPAL courses for all teaching resources which are available in PDF format. In the column "Actions" you will see the print symbol on the far right.
All print jobs you give until midnight will be collected and printed in A4 format - converted to grayscale, double-sided, double punched on the long side left. Your order will be ready for collection on the next working day from 10:00 a.m. at the Copyshop UNIdruckerei, Reichenbachstraße 19, 01069 Dresden (next to the canteen). Please have your student ID (chip card) with your library number (s-number) ready for collection.
The costs amount to 5 ct per printed page. Your print file(s) and your library number will be given to UNIdruckerei exclusively for the purpose of printing. By initiating a print order (button: "Send print order") you give your express consent to the assumption of costs and data protection.
If you have any questions regarding the "OPAL print order" please contact support-ecampus(at)htw-dresden.de.
The consultation hours are basically only by telephone. Please communicate via e-mail and telephone. Please inquire in advance whether a personal appearance is possible in individual cases and depending on your request. Especially applies:
- For the time being, we accept a simple copy of proof by e-mail or post.
- Please send applications and forms with your signature by post or drop them in our mailbox. You will receive a confirmation of receipt by e-mail.
To activate your semester ticket on your student card, you can print it at the self-service terminal (Z-Building). Payment transactions can only be made by bank transfer.
In principle, no examinations are held before the start of classroom teaching. It is not necessary to deregister. Examination dates will be postponed. As far as the concrete conditions allow, examinations, such as defences of final thesis, can be held after consultation with the examiner and voluntary registration of the student with the examiner. The same applies to consultation/supervision appointments.
- Final thesis orterm papers
Beginning: If you are unable to complete your credits for the issue of the thesis because you are currently unable to sit the tests, please contact your selection board. The board will decide whether you can exceptionally be admitted to the final thesis early.
Interruption of processing: If it is currently not possible to process papers that have already been issued, the board of examiners may grant an extension of the time limit upon reasoned request.
Submission: If possible, submit your paper preferably by post or via the in-house mailbox. You will receive a confirmation of receipt from your faculty via e-mail. For the time being, it is sufficient to submit your work electronically within the deadline. Please coordinate this with your examiner. If this is not feasible due to the nature of the work (models etc.), you will exceptionally be given the opportunity to submit your work in person after consulting the faculty.
Deviating from the internship regulations, changing internship positions and interruptions are possible in coordination with the person responsible for the internship, as long as a consistent treatment of topics is ensured. Home office internships are also possible with the consent and in coordination with the company.
If you currently have an exam-relevant deadline, enquire at the Examinations Office whether this deadline has been suspended due to restrictions in the teaching process. As there has been no classroom teaching at the university since 16.03., there is no possibility to inspect the written examinations from the examination section of the winter semester 2019/20. For this reason, the expiry of the objection period (see grading portal) is also inhibited and only continues when classroom teaching is started.
Examination time SS 2020
The examination section for the SS 2020 is initially planned for the period 06.07.2020 - 25.07.2020. Depending on the further development and the possibility of returning to the usual teaching schedule, alternative scenarios are currently being considered, about which we will inform you in good time if necessary.
Proof of the first professionally qualifying university degree
If you have been admitted to a Masters degree programme at the HTW Dresden from the summer semester 2020 onwards, you must provide proof of your first professionally qualifying university degree to the Student Service by 15.04.2020. If it is not possible for you to meet this deadline, you can apply for an extension of one month according to § 4 Abs. 3b S. 3 and 4 ImmaO, for good reason. One reason is, for example, that you have not yet been able to complete your final examination due to current restrictions in the university sector.
You are welcome to send the application for an extension of the deadline informally via e-mail to the Student Service. As proof of your first professionally qualifying university degree, an informal confirmation from your examination office that you have passed the final examination is sufficient. Please submit a simple copy of the certificate and report to the Student Service by the end of the SS 2020. If an extension of the deadline until 15.05.2020 is also not sufficient, please contact the Student Service again in time.
If you are requested by another body to provide proof of the restriction in the university's operation, you can request such a confirmation by e-mail from the Student Service.
There are currently no university sports events taking place.
Information for lecturers
Teaching should be designed through self-study and virtual ones. The Digitalization Team will support you.
If you offer virtual teaching, please keep the timetable to avoid overlapping of dates.
Information for employees
The State Rectors' Conference has agreed that the earliest start of classroom teaching will be postponed to 04.05.2020 and that the transition of the universities to stand-by mode will take place, see also
This results in the following specifications for the HTW Dresden:
- Home Office will be carried out from now on as a rule for an initial period of 3 weeks. The areas of responsibility in the home office, organizational questions of accessibility and, if necessary the required presence time at the university, to ensure stand-by operation are regulated by the supervisors in consultation with the employees. All employees who make their work performance available to the university during the above-mentioned period continue to receive full remuneration.
- Important areas of the university to secure the functioning of the infrastructure (IT, building services, etc.) must continue to be secured on site. For this purpose, the workplaces should be organised in such a way that there is sufficient distance between people or that the number of people is limited. The rules of occupational health and safety must be observed.
- Each area designates a contact point, which is usually manned from 9:00 - 15:00.
- Consultations and meetings of all kinds should only be held via electronic media during this time.
- All events, defences, examinations, etc. will be cancelled. Students and guests should not enter the university during this time.
- The university remains closed. In the agreed exceptions, access will be with a service card (security guard or card reader).
- Business trips do not take place.
- Mobile IT technology can be carried along, all other necessary things will be coordinated with the responsible manager.
- Service e-mails as a standard means of communication must be read regularly, telephone contacts must be arranged.
- Should it be necessary to be present at the university in urgent cases, the supervisors will be informed.
In this way we want to prevent an infection or the spread of a virus as well as the complete closure of the university or prepare a possible closure in such a way that proportional activities, especially for the supervision of students, are still possible.
General information and instructions for conduct
Recommendations from our university physician, Dr. med. Sandra Kemper, to be observed in a daily context:
Consistent hand hygiene and coughing and sneezing etiquette must be observed and is currently the most effective measure. (Detailed information can be found on the website www.infektionsschutz.de).
- For chemical disinfection, use agents with proven effectiveness, with the range of action "limited virucidal" (effective against enveloped viruses), "limited virucidal PLUS" or "virucidal". The disinfectant dispensers set up in the university are suitable.
- When using disinfectants, the exposure times (at least 30 sec.) must be observed.
- Furthermore, especially for travelling, the influenza vaccination is recommended.
Please follow the below-mentioned recommendations (hand hygiene, cough and sneeze etiquette). The same hygiene rules apply as for protection against airborne infectious diseases such as influenza:
- Avoid shaking hands
- Wash hands regularly and thoroughly with soap, 20-30 seconds
- Avoid touching your face with your hands
- Cough and sneez into a handkerchief or into the crook of your arm
- Keep your distance in case of illness
- Ventilate closed rooms regularly
These simple measures considerably reduce the risk of infectious diseases, becoming infected or the probability of transmission