Diploma in Electrical Engineering & Communications Technology in Distance Learning
Elektrotechnik/Komunikationstechnik - Diplom-Ingenieur/-in (FH)
Sie sind fasziniert von den Möglichkeiten automatischer Produktion, Industrierobotern und Funktechnologien? Sie möchten, dass komplexe Elektroniksysteme in der Kommunikations-und Medizintechnik oder Elektromobile zuverlässig und ohne Risiko für Mensch und Umwelt funktionieren? Sie interessieren sich für die Vielfalt der Energieerzeugung und -nutzung? Und Sie möchten überwiegend im Selbststudium studieren und bei Bedarf auf regelmäßige Konsultationstermine bei Fragen zu den Lehrinhalten zugreifen können? Dann ist das Fernstudium Elektrotechnik/Kommunikationstechnik das Richtige für Sie!
Electrical Engineering/Communications Technology - Diplom-Ingenieur (FH)
Are you fascinated by the possibilities of automatic production, industrial robots and radio technologies? Would you like that complex electronic systems such as communication and medical technology or electric vehicles work reliably and without risk to people and the environment? Are you interested in the various ways to generate and use electrical energy? And you would like to study mainly in self-study and have access to regular consultation appointments for questions about the course content if required? Then the distance learning course Electrical Engineering/Communications Technology is the right course for you!
Period of study
Study requirements, application and application period
- General university entrance qualification / Abitur
- University of applied sciences entrance qualification
- Master craftsman, technician or other qualification according to § 17 Saxony Law of Higher Education
German applicants with foreign university entrance qualifications (HZB):
If you as a German do not have a German HZB as mentioned above (not even from a German school abroad) but a foreign HZB, you have to have this certificate recognized by the appropriate office in your place of residence before applying for a study place (e.g. Saxon State Office for School and Education: www.lasub.smk.sachsen.de)
Application and application period
- From May 1st to July 15th for our undergraduate courses (Bachelor, Diploma) starting in the winter semester
- From December 1st to January 15th for undergraduate studies in the higher semester starting in the summer semesterr
This course of study is only offered in German, therefore you need the following for admission
- a university entrance qualification (HZB) (equivalent to the German Abitur) and
- one of the following language certificates
- TestDaF 4
- telc Deutsch C1 Hochschule
- Goethe-Zertifikat C1
- das Zeugnis der Feststellungsprüfung am Studienkolleg (diese schließt die DSH-2 ein)
- das „Deutsche Sprachdiplom der Kultusministerkonferenz - zweite Stufe“
Application and application period
Till Juni 15th via uni-assist for the wintersemester
You will find further information about the application under information for international applicants
Applicants from abroad with a German HZB, i.e. from a German school in Germany or abroad, are on equal terms with German applicants.
Please follow the instructions for German applicants.
As a graduate of the distance learning course in electrical engineering/communications engineering, you will have specialist knowledge in automation engineering, electrical power engineering, communications engineering or signal processing, depending on your specialisation. You will be able to apply your theoretical and practical know-how in the field of computer technology as well as in renewable power generation or in the construction of complex electrical systems. You are able to develop electronic communication or control systems at the highest level and can make efficient use of electrical energy in all areas. With your specialist skills, you can take on comprehensive planning and design tasks, product and project management for technical sales or quality assurance.
The distance learning course Electrical Engineering/Communications Technology at the HTW Dresden offers me the combination of attendance days and block seminars the optimal opportunity to reflect on what I have learned and helps me to combine self-study with professional and family life.
1. - 5. Semester
Basic knowledge, e.g. electrical engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics
6. - 9. Semester
Choice of a combination of 2 fields of study
Writing the diploma thesis
Your professional fields could be e.g.
• Communication engineering and information systems
• Energy supply/power generation
• Traffic and transport companies
• Entertainment electronics/media technology
• Environmental protection/supervison