International Riverbank Filtration Conference
at the International Congress Center, Dresden, Germany, 16 to 18 Oct. 2023
Bank filtration / riverbank filtration (BF/RBF) is an element of managed aquifer recharge and has been used by riverside communities for many decades as a natural water treatment process. RBF forms part of a multi-barrier approach to drinking water supply at numerous sites. With a growing and conscious use worldwide, RBF will become more important to safeguard future water supplies for drinking, irrigation and industries. The conference marks the return of a platform after two decades to showcase worldwide operational experience and research and to increase the level of awareness on RBF. The conference offers two days of oral and poster presentations on 16 and 17 October and an excursion to RBF schemes on 18 October.
- Showcase your experience and research on RBF
- Inform yourself about ongoing RBF projects, research, networks and innovative solutions
- Expand your process understanding and knowledge of technical solutions for RBF systems
- Hear about experiences from operators and managers of RBF schemes
- Exchange ideas about RBF research approaches and needs
- Avail the opportunity to publish your conference contribution in a topical collection of the journal “Sustainable Water Resources Management
Abstract submissions are encouraged for oral and poster presentations on country-specific overviews on the use of RBF and recent developments; clogging, hydraulic and design aspects of RBF schemes; innovative site-investigation techniques for RBF; operation and management of RBF schemes; water quality aspects of RBF; Modelling of RBF processes; post-treatment; environmental, social, economic and policy aspects and awareness-creation. The selected oral and poster presentations will carry equal weightage and will qualify for submission as an article or a short case-study to a topical collection of the Springer journal “Sustainable Water Resources Management”. The best poster presentations will be awarded. Oral presentation slots are limited as there will be no parallel sessions. Abstracts (free format) for oral presentation can be submitted until 31 August 2023. Abstracts (free format) for POSTERS can be submitted until 05 October 2023 to:rbfconf(at)htw-dresden.de.
We are expecting all participants interested in RBF - young as well as experienced engineers, students, researchers, scientists, project managers, decision makers ... The conference will not be extravagant so as to keep the barriers of attendance low and to encourage the participation of young researchers and persons from low/middle income countries.
Registration by/before 31 August 2023: 320 Euro, or for students and PhD researchers 160 Euro
Registration on/after 01 September 2023: 360 Euro, or for students and PhD researchers 200 Euro
The conference is organized by the Division of Water Sciences of the Dresden University of Applied Sciences. It is co-funded by the Federal Ministry of Education and Research of Germany in the CONNECT program (BMBF grant no. 01DU20003).
There are a number of hotels near the venue as well as in and around the periphery of the "old town".
- Maritim Hotel, Devrientstraße 10 - 12 / Ostra-Ufer 2, 01067 Dresden, Germany, Room reservation: + 49 (0) 351 216-1018. Conference participants are offered special rates, which can be booked click here or click here (selection of dates only possible in the period from 13 to 22 October). After selecting the dates, apply the corporate discount code HTW2023.
or click here for other Hotels
Click here, or click here, to find out if you need a visa to enter Germany. Be aware that the application process can take several weeks. If you require a letter of invitation, please send us an email.
Arrival in Dresden
Dresden can be reached by Train and long-distance buses, as well as via international airports, e.g. International Airport Dresden, International Airport Berlin, or International Airport Prague, all of which are connected to trains and long-distance buses.
- RBF_Conference_2023_Flyer (.pdf, 111 kB)
Weitere Dokumente/ Antragsformulare finden Sie hier: https://www.htw-dresden.de/en/university/faculties/civil-engineering/studies/subject-areas/water-sciences/research/translate-to-english-4-internationale-uferfiltrationstagung