Our research covers diverse aspects of tactile human-machine interaction. Here, the research group combines competencies and interests in the areas of conception, development, and evaluation of interfaces.
We focus on the following:
- hardware development, e.g. vibrotactile displays or control devices
- software development, e.g. data formats or design tools for tactons
- Integration of tactile interfaces in (protective) clothing
- Usability of multimodal systems and tactile ones in particular
- Fundamental research on the perception and interpretation of tactons