- Study and internship regulations
Purpose (MA and MG):
- Learning and practicing engineering activities connected with specific work tasks, such as project planning, design, calculation and production of modules and machinery or systems of buildings' technical equipment
- Working on test stations and applying or modifying measuring and diagnostic procedures
- Application-oriented use of special software
Study Course General Mechanical Engineering
- Working on the dimensioning of components and modules, possible main topics are: constructive and stress-oriented design, methodical solution finding, discussion of variants, drawing preparation, calculation, simulation, ...
- Tests on machinery and plants, possible main topics are: planning, execution and evaluation of test bench trials, technical management, testing and expert assessment, technology development, ...
Study Course Building Systems Engineering
- Working on energy-efficient, economical and environmentally compatible operations and maintenance of units and systems
- Construction, service and optimization of technical building equipment, plant construction and renewable energy systems
- Learning and practicing engineering activities in connection with specific work tasks, such as project planning, design, calculation and production of modules, machinery, vehicles, plants
- Applying or modifying measuring and diagnostic procedures
- Preparing, implementing and evaluating module or vehicle trials
- Working on safe, economical and environmentally compatible operation and maintenance of machinery, vehicles, systems
- Production, service and quality assurance of modules or vehicles production
- Application-oriented use of special software
- Learning and practising how to plan, manage, oversee and coordinate engineering activities through project planning, computer-aided design, calculation, production of devices, machines, vehicles, systems
- Using or modifying measurement methods
- Working for a safe, economical and sustainable operation and maintaining machines, vehicles, systems
- Manufacturing services and quality assurance during the production of devices or machines
- Applying special software products
Accompanying sheet (Begleitblatt):
- The student has to keep an accompanying sheet for the practical study semester and complete it independently (part 1 before internship, part 2 after internship).
Special admission requirements:
- Proof of successful completion of modules M01-M07 and M09, M10.1 and M10.2 (from Imma 2018: modules E812, I905, I958, I995,M001-M006, S512, S513) by means of grade excerpt and submission to the internship officer (use accompanying sheet part 1)
- The internship must last at least 20 weeks full time (100 working days; exclusive holidays, public holidays, company holidays)
- Students can complete the internship in a suitable company (mostly) of their own choice
- The internship agreement should include regulation of working time, duties and rights, accident insurance, remuneration, holidays.
- The agreement has to be confirmed by the internship coordinator before the internship starts (use accompanying sheet part 1)
- Please note that the HTW Dresden cannot cover the costs for the accident insurance during the internship. Students have to contact the employer's liability insurance association of the company or provide an insurance policy on their own. Students may also have to provide professional liability insurance.
- The company appoints an operative supervisor.
- Students choose a supervisor at the HTW who guides and evaluates the internship by the accompanying sheet part 2 and submits the results to the internship coordinator.
- At the end of their internship, students write an engineering-related internship report
- Report is in German language (optionally in English language)
- Form like the diploma thesis (use the document "Leitfaden für wiss. Dokumente")
- The report must be submitted to the supervisor (together with the accompanying sheet) max. four weeks after finishing the internship (march 31)
- At the end of the internship the company issues a simple job certificate confirming duration and tasks of the internship.
- Certificate and report are mandatory requirements for the authentication of the internship (use accompanying sheet part 2).
- Leitfaden für Wiss. Dokumente (.pdf, 3,83 MB)
- Praktikumsordnung (.pdf, 134 kB)
- Praktikumsvertrag (.pdf, 746 kB)
- Begleitblatt 1 zur Praktikumsordnung (bis Imma 2017) (.pdf, 1,22 MB)
- Begleitblatt 1 zur Praktikumsordnung (ab Imma 2018) (.pdf, 1,22 MB)
- Begleitblatt 2 zur Praktikumsordnung (.pdf, 513 kB)
- Formular für ein Praktikum im Ausland (.pdf, 587 kB)
- Antrag auf Verschiebung des Praktikums (.pdf, 143 kB)